Sunday, January 6, 2008

Flats Suck!

Did a 4 hour ride this morning with the boys to the top of "wild cat" and back. It was fun, we didn't get rained on at all. We rode pretty easy most of the ride. I rode really hard on the last steep secton of the climb. I felt pretty good the first half, but suffered the last half. (that sh*t is hard!) It felt good to to go hard and kind of blow up a little bit, I haven't done that very much all winter, kinda felt like a race. Rode tempo back in on watts valley and when we stopped to get water at shaw and academy I had a flat. (WTF! I just put a new tire on the day before and new rim tape!) Changed the tire in about 15 minutes(thats fast for me) and even had a little help from Curtis (The Guru) Eastin. After I b*tched for another 5 minutes about my new tire we finally got back on the road. If I flat again I'm throwing the rim away!

2 comments:

boschinator said...

don't worry vinny. hopefully you're getting them flats out of the way now and not during a road race. last month was my month. everytime i rode - FLAT!!!
i buy tubes by the case.

-bosch

Brianne said...

Thats why Daniel doesn't ride at all...every time he rides he gets a flat and I have to help him change it...it sucks.
Me and Jenn start our book club on Wednesday....no boys allowed! Hehe.