Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rest weeks crush me!

So I am on a rest week and I hate it! I know I need to rest but it makes me feel like such a piece of @#&%. I did ride today to the Millerton Store and back. It was a huge 28 miles and an hour and a half of ride time. I almost don't even want to ride, I feel like it's to much trouble to get my cycling kit on for an hour and a half! I have the type of personality where whatever I do I am all or nothing. So on my rest weeks I feel like doing nothing!
This weekend me and the Sierra Pacific Boys did Pine Flat RR and Dinuba Crit. The team rode great and we got 2nd at Pine Flat and we were 1st and 2nd at Dinuba Crit! You can check out the race reports at our team blog at www.norcalracing.blogspot.com I have been very happy with the team this year! We have rode very well together and there is a lot of motivation and enthusiasm. We have a ton of horsepower and we have great guys off the bike. I think there will be many more good results to come. This weekend I am doing Snelling and "the old Merced Crit" Snelling is pretty flat and seems like doing a really big crit. It seems like it's always a "crap shoot". I haven't finished the Merced Crit without crashing yet. My first year of racing I was in the 4's and a guy crashed right in front of me and I flew over the bars! Then last year in the Pro 1/2 I crashed twice in the rain! After the second crash I just bagged it! I also think it's suppose to rain this weekend, which could make Snelling a sufferfest if it's rainy and windy. As for Merced if I can stay off the pavement that will be a win in my book!

2 comments:

Brianne said...

What?! Vinny all or nothing? I totally never noticed that! So does rest week mean that we're partying this weekend?

Vincenzo said...

I can't party this weekend, because I am racing. Besides that stuff makes you slow! I probably won't drink for a while, maybe not until my birthday.